Assess - determine the impact of the disaster on non-profit service providers; through its network, determine the gaps and vulnerabilities of the community, especially on the "hidden" segments; gauge the success of ongoing relief and recovery operations.
Bridge - provide information and advocacy from the community to responding government agencies; support dissemination of information into the impacted communities.
Resource Coordination - identifies gaps among service providers; identifies resources that can be shared among members; identifies resources available from donations in-kind from faith-based, private and the public; publicizes needs through available means.
Support continuity of services - through the Assessment and Resource Coordination objectives; assist continuity of critical operations by community service providers
Problem Solve - at the request of government or private agencies, convene ad hoc task groups to address specific issues within the disaster.
Coordinate reimbursement - assist network members in processing and applying for reimbursement from state, federal and private funding sources; provide training and expertise to members to insure successful processing of requests.
Initiate long-term recovery - working with community stakeholders; develop a Long-term Recovery Plan to include declaration of its authority, funding, staffing, logistical support and planning objectives.CADRE roughly follows the Standardized Emergency Management (SEMS) organizational format, utilizing the broad-based Sections (Operations, Planning, Logistics and Finance/Admin.), but has made significant modifications to the Branches in order to clearly identify subject matter focus areas. Please see the CADRE ICS Chart Activation -- CADRE will activate for any of the following triggers:
- A disaster occurs in Santa Clara County.
- At the request of a local jurisdiction, the County of Santa Clara Office of Emergency Services, Santa Clara Social Services Agency or Santa Clara County Public Health.
- At the request of one of its member agencies.
- At the request of a neighboring VOAD to provide mutual assistance.
- Upon the decision of the Leadership Council.
- Objectives- which objectives will most likely be targeted.
- Scale- an estimate of which sections and branches will be engaged and to what level
- Activation of CADRE DOC and to what level
- Initial Staffing for Operations Management Team